At Norwood, preserving our planet is not only our responsibility, it’s our priority.
In the window and door industry, much of what we do relies heavily upon the consumption of natural resources. As such, Norwood places a strong emphasis on reducing our environmental impact through the development and implementation of green manufacturing and disposal processes.
- Scrap wood either unused or unsuitable for use in our premium windows and doors is put to good use in heating 40% of our manufacturing facility
- All products are built with sustainably-harvested lumber
- Any excess or broken glass is collected and returned to our supplier for immediate recycling
- Sawdust, an often troublesome byproduct of our business, is collected in silos, compressed and re-purposed to heat our dry lumber kilns
- All cardboard and paper waste associated with our operations is recycled on a weekly basis.
Superior processes = Superior products.
All of our premium doors and windows are manufactured to exacting standards of energy efficiency to ensure your home preserves heat in the winter and cold in the summer…like it’s supposed to. Many of our products carry the internationally recognized ENERGY STAR® label. All ENERGY STAR qualified windows and doors meet the U.S. Department of Energy’s and Natural Resources Canada’s strict guidelines for energy preservation and conservation.
Norwood windows and doors also carry an NFRC rating to assist homeowners and homebuilders in choosing products that will help their structure qualify for LEED certification. The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certification (LEED) is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance, environmentally responsible buildings.
Norwood is proud to be a contributor in helping today’s environmentally conscious contractors and homeowners have an immediate and measurable environmental impact through the construction of greener homes and buildings.
Window Performance Ratings